Here we explain how to modify a USA 115V SC546 Chime module to operate at 230V.
I have successfully completed this modification once, however, and I accept no responsibility for the effects of anyone making these modifications. You follow these instructions at your own risk.
- Open the X-10 module by removing the four screws and take out the Printed Circuit Board (PCB).
- Change the big, usually blue, 1.0uF 250V capacitor normally marked 1.0K 250V to 0.47uF 400V.
- Change the 330k 0.25W resistor close to the incoming power to 330k 0.5W.
- Change the MOV close to the incoming power from 130V RMS to 250V RMS if you have 220V and to 275V if your power supply is 230V or 240V.
- Change the 10 Ohm 0.5W resistor mounted close to the small transformer to 22 Ohm 1W.
- Change the incoming plug or use an adapter, reassemble.
If you attempt these modifications, please let me know your results, and read the warning on the X-10 and 115V & 230V page.
Comments received at Redoak
None so far.